Oris and expedition swimmer Ernst Bromeis are going their own way to raise awareness of the importance of water, with the release of the Oris Aquis Date Relief, a high-quality diver’s watch
For many years, Oris has been campaigning to protect and conserve the world’s oceans as part of a mission to bring change for the better. But we continue to see signs that there is so much work still to do. Together with our customers and retail and media partners, we want to bring meaningful change to the state of the world’s water.
In that vein, we are proud to introduce the Oris Aquis Date Relief into our collection of high performance Aquis diver’s watches, and a new partnership with the expedition swimmer and water ambassador Ernst Bromeis. Ernst took the Oris Aquis Date Relief to Lake Baikal with photographer Maurice Haas for a preparation swim ahead of his 2019 project ‘The Blue Miracle’, which will see him swim across a number of lakes, including Lake Baikal, the world’s largest freshwater lake, to raise awareness of the world’s water.
The Oris Aquis Date Relief is inspired by the colour and feeling of water. The grey dial recalls the colour of a stormy sea, while the watch’s signature diving scale numerals in relief are a reminder of the texture of water, as well as its elemental role in all life.
The watch shares its architecture and performance values with the Oris Aquis Date. It has a 43.50 mm (1.713 inches) stainless steel case with a uni-directional rotating diver’s bezel and is water-resistant to 30 bar (300 metres). It comes on a choice of straps or a metal bracelet, and its sapphire crystal sits over a dial decorated with applied hour markers, which, like the hour and minutes hands, are filled with luminescent Super-LumiNova®. Its Swiss Made automatic mechanical movement provides it with a central seconds hand – in urgent red – and a date, seen through a window at 6 o’clock.
Oris and Ernst are going their own way through this project to educate thousands of people about the need to conserve the world’s water – before it’s too late.
- Case Multi-piece stainless steel case
- Size 43.50 mm (1.713 inches)
- Dial Grey
- Luminous Material Indices and hands with Super-LumiNova BG W9
- Top Glass Sapphire, domed on both sides, anti-reflective coating inside
- Case Back Stainless steel, screwed, see through mineral glass
- Operating Devices Stainless steel screw-in security crown
- Strap/Bracelet Multi-piece stainless steel bracelet with security folding clasp extension; grey or red rubber strap with steel security folding clasp with extension; or grey leather strap with steel folding clasp with extension
- Water Resistance 30 bar (300 metres)
- Movement Number Oris 733
- Functions Hands for hours, minutes and seconds, date window at 6 o’clock, instantaneous date, date corrector, fine timing device and stop-second
- Winding Automatic
- Power Reserve 38 hours