A ‘Mo’ment in time
Oris joins forces with Movember once again to bring positive change to men’s lives
The state of men’s health is in crisis. Today, 5.6 million men are living with or beyond prostate cancer. Testicular cancer continues to claim young lives. Every year, 500,000 men take their own lives – that’s one a minute. On average, men die six years earlier than women. Too many men are dying too young. It has to stop.
This year, Oris is partnering again with The Movember Foundation, the world’s leading men’s health charity, to raise awareness of these important issues, and to raise funds in support of the charity and the projects it funds.
Through the Oris Movember Crew and through sales of the new Oris Movember Edition, Oris has set a goal of raising CHF 100,000 for the charity this autumn. Oris is inviting customers, partners, journalists and friends of the brand to join us. Whether you grow a ‘Mo’, take part in a shave-down, or buy the watch, there’s a part for everyone to play.
Oris, one of the few remaining independent Swiss watch companies, first worked with Movember in 2017 as part of its vision to bring change for the better and to behave in a socially, economically and ecologically responsible way. Last year, Oris raised CHF 45,000 for the charity, a figure it aims to more than double in 2018.
The Movember Foundation was founded in Australia in 2003 with a mission to ensure men live happier, healthier, longer lives. In the years since, more than 5.5 million men and women – Mo Bros and Mo Sistas – have taken part in Movember across 21 countries. To date, the charity has funded more than 1,200 men’s health projects. Its goal is to reduce the number of men dying prematurely by 25 per cent by 2030.
‘As men, we don’t talk about these issues often enough – and often not before it’s too late,’ says Oris Chairman Ulrich W. Herzog. ‘Oris is passionate about bringing change for the better and to improving men’s lives, and we’re delighted to be supporting the inspiring mission of The Movember Foundation.’
Oris presents a special edition of the iconic Oris Big Crown Pointer Date. Sales will help fund the company’s fundraising target of CHF 100,000.
(Big Crown Pointer Date)
- Case: Multi-piece stainless steel case with satin and polished finishes
- Size: 40.00 mm, 1.575 inches
- Dial/Hands: Black with 4N hands
- Strap: Brown leather, stamped with Movember ‘Mo’ logo, pin buckle. Second fabric strap supplied with watch.
- Top Glass: Sapphire, domed on both sides, anti-reflective coating inside
- Case Back: Stainless steel, screwed, special Movember engravings with Oris shield
- Operating Devices: Stainless steel screw-down crown
- Luminous Material: Super-LumiNova® C3
- Water Resistance: 5 bar
- Number: Oris 754
- Functions: Hands for hours, minutes and seconds, date centre hand, instantaneous date, date corrector, fine timing device and stop-second
- Winding: Automatic
- Power Reserve: 38 hours